Higgins Club Olympics 2020

l.whelan11
Treasurer

Higgins Club Olympics 2020

Postby l.whelan11 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:12 am

Edit: event is being postponed due to COVID-19. New dates will be posted when things have settled down a bit. Sorry and thanks for your understanding!

Paddlers, peddlers and meddlers; gather round. It is time for Higgins Club Olympics! :-) Many of you might not have participated in this event before, but I'm delighted to announce its return this year. For those of you who don't know, this event was first conceived of and hosted by David Higgins and is now named in his honour. The dates for this year's events are as follows:

Wed 18th March - Event talk - Anderson Theatre NUIG

Sat 21st March - Freestyle - Tuam

Sun 22nd March - Whitewater events - Corrib River

Tue 24th March - Polo - Kingfisher gym NUIG

Wed 25th March - Prize giving - Anderson Theatre NUIG

The event is for all levels of kayakers, and can be thought of as an internal mini-varsities. Teams of paddlers from NUIG and GMIT will be chosen and pitted against each other across multiple disciplines: long distance, polo, freestyle, slalom, whitewater and boatercross. While a bit of friendly competition is encouraged, this event is primarily for the craic. :-D

On the last day of the event we'll finish things off with some mystery games and other festivities, where we'll present the winners with a selection of prizes. :angel:

The cost of the event will be €5 for students and €8 for "adults"/OFBs. All proceeds will go towards prizes. If any OFBs have any grievances about this, they may settle it by beating me in games of 4-in-a-row, which shall be played via the projector at the Wednesday night talk (tie=rematch). If I am beaten, the OFB may pay the student price.

Please sign up using the following link!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Teams and event plan will be added/updated below once enough people have signed up.

Teams

Event Plan

Drivers
Last edited by l.whelan11 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luke Whelan

Could've been a little bit higher

PPanda

Re: Higgins Club Olympics 2020

Postby PPanda » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:04 pm

Favorite discipline? Swimming! :geek:
:emo: :emo: :emo: no one

Staples
First Year Rep.

Re: Higgins Club Olympics 2020

Postby Staples » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:41 am

I should be around for the new dates