ICUP Polo Competition

Fergal.Staples1

ICUP Polo Competition

Postby Fergal.Staples1 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:51 pm

"I'd like to cordially invite you to the Irish College/University Polo Championships.

What are the ICUPs?
The ICUPs is a canoe polo competition that will be located in the Knockabraken reservoir in Belfast. The competition will take place on the 30th/31st of March. This is aimed towards boosting the participation of college students within canoe polo.

Categories
Categories will be as follows: Freshers, Women and Open. Freshers will consist of people in their first year of college. If a college enters a women's team, the competitors on said team will also be allowed to compete with a Freshers or Open team, but not both. For the Open league there will be group stages first to match teams of similar abilities to the same divisions. To enter in the competition you have to qualify under Sports Ireland rules as a third level student. ( http://www.studentsport.ie/?page_id=2438 )The most current ICF rules will apply which are available on the ICF website.

Cost?
The cost per person is €10 to register for the competition, i.e. 6 people on a team is €60. Women will not have to pay twice to play on both teams.

Accommodation
Beside the pitches are 40 glamping pods able to fit 4 people per pod £60 per pod with no linen (bring your own sleeping bags) and £80 per pod with linen. ALL PODS REQUIRE A £100 REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT. To book pods please contact info@letsgohydro.com . Pods will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

Food
I'd like to gauge interest in food provided by the venue for competitors, so please let me know if you're interested. These meals will have to be prepaid before arrival to the competition.

Entertainment
TBC - (Pub Crawl)"

Details of an email received from Anthony Whitely about a polo comp up north. All the details are in the wall of text above. It's a fairly open competition from the sounds of it so teams don't have to strictly be alligned with NUIG/GMITKC (I am open to correction on this). If anyone is interested in playing throw your names below and you can make a groupchat amongst yourselves, club won't strictly be involved in this though. Looks like a good time, hope some of you guys make it up for it!

Ciara.wall

Re: ICUP Polo Competition

Postby Ciara.wall » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:46 pm

I'd be interested in getting a female team going! :rofl:
F.Y.R.

laoiseplunkett

Re: ICUP Polo Competition

Postby laoiseplunkett » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:51 pm

I'd be on for driving up for it :clap: