FAO First Years: Gear Questions???

laoiseplunkett

Re: FAO First Years: Gear Questions???

Postby laoiseplunkett » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:22 pm

Reviving this thread to ask for advice on elbow pads. :$ Mam was not pleased to see that Top Drop had turned my arm black, so I'm getting them for Christmas..

It's also a nice read for any beginners looking for a way to procrastinate :angel:

Staples
First Year Rep.

Postby Staples » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:16 pm

laoiseplunkett wrote:Reviving this thread to ask for advice on elbow pads.

You've a couple of options here. I'll give some detail on the ones I've used/seen in person.

- six six one (not sure how they spell the brand but this is their name) make probably the cheapest ones. I found that they were more forearm pads than elbow pads, but comfortable and soften bangs.
-nrs/wrsi. A bit pricier, but both of these are the same more or less (as far as I know) offer more protection, go up past the elbow.
- sweet. As per all sweet gear, the most expensive option. But you do get a fancy non-newtonian elbow pad for your money. Con has a set, and says they're quite difficult to get on at times due to the stickiness of the neoprene on the inside, but they stay where they should when on.

Other options out there include.
-gform
-anything in the elbow pad category for a mountain bike website. Try chainreactioncycles for more options.

Hope that helps.

ultanobyrne

Postby ultanobyrne » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:27 am

I have the nrs pads and find them quite good but rarely used them, your welcome to try them out if you like, think they cost about the 30euro mark
085-seven2four0seven3two