No votes
Saturday 5th of September, 7pm
No votes

Total votes: 4

michaellane

EGM

Postby michaellane » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:38 am

Hi guys,

As per the poll results we will be holding the EGM on the 2nd of September at 7pm to vote in a new training officer, safety officer, captain and treasurer. If you are running for the position of captain or safety officer you will need to make a short speech to outline what your plan would be if you got the position.

The EGM will be run on zoom in order to maintain social distancing. Everyone bar the speaker will have their mike muted and should use the hands up tool before speaking if someone has a question or anything to add. This is to prevent the cross talk and unintentional interruptions that can often happen with large groups on group calls.

A link for the call will be circulated on the day of the EGM at 6pm. If for some reason you have not received the link by 6:30 please message or email the committee.

Any motions or nominations can be posted below or emailed to committee@nuigkc.com.

Nominations:
Finnian Donovan- Captain
Kelsey Bruce- Training officer
Michael Lane- Safety Officer

Motion 1: passed

N.U.I.G.-G.M.I.T. Kayak Club: three actions...
1.Increase the content of social media posts showing female paddlers or increased posting of photos/videos shot by female club members:
a. Post photos of female paddlers on the water (at least) twice monthly.
b. Share video of or filmed by female paddlers twice annually (once per semester).
c. Post a feature on a female club member once monthly, including club alumni.
2.Increased female participation and progression at all levels:
a. Run a women’s-specific beginner kayaking course to allow female club members to try all disciplines available in the club.
b. Have club members attend all regional ladies’ days and Bridge the Gap events.
3. Provide mandatory consent training:
a. Show Blue Seat Studios’ “Consent Tea” (or other similar video approved by Committee in advance) at the first Wednesday night talk of each semester.
b. Collaborate with NUIG Active* Consent group to provide consent training prior to overnight club trips or activities which include planned outings to a nightclub.
c. Require all club members to attend an Active* Consent training (or Committee approved substitute) prior to using club gear for peer paddling.

Motion 2: passed
The committee should be allowed nominate a temporary safety officer if the current one steps down less than 2 months before an AGM as long as the AGM remains in the first couple of weeks of second semester. 2/3rd majority of the committee is required. Advanced notice must be given a week before the vote.

New committee members
Finn- captain
Michael- Safety
Xin Ming- treasurer
Megan- PRO
Kelsey- training
Last edited by michaellane on Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Finnboofs

Re: EGM

Postby Finnboofs » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:31 pm

I would like to put myself foward for the position of Captain.

kbruce

Postby kbruce » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:50 pm

ETA: I'm putting my name out there for Training on Committee.

Hi All,

I've been working with a few other ladies in the club and we want to submit a 20x20 Clubs Charter to be adopted at the EGM this year. You can find out more about the 20x20 program here: https://20x20.ie/clubs-charter/. Basically, it is a program to promote women's sport in Ireland. There is a copy of the charter at the link listed above and essentially this would help us increase club PR and might get us access to more grants in the long term. We want the charter to include these things (though we are open to editing the wording a bit if people want to) :

N.U.I.G.-G.M.I.T. Kayak Club: three actions...
1.Increase the content of social media posts showing female paddlers or increased posting of photos/videos shot by female club members:
a. Post photos of female paddlers on the water (at least) twice monthly.
b. Share video of or filmed by female paddlers twice annually (once per semester).
c. Post a feature on a female club member once monthly, including club alumni.
2.Increased female participation and progression at all levels:
a. Run a women’s-specific beginner kayaking course to allow female club members to try all disciplines available in the club.
b. Have club members attend all regional ladies’ days and Bridge the Gap events.
3. Provide mandatory consent training:
a. Show Blue Seat Studios’ “Consent Tea” (or other similar video approved by Committee in advance) at the first Wednesday night talk of each semester.
b. Collaborate with NUIG Active* Consent group to provide consent training prior to overnight club trips or activities which include planned outings to a nightclub.
c. Require all club members to attend an Active* Consent training (or Committee approved substitute) prior to using club gear for peer paddling.

michaellane

Postby michaellane » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:41 pm

I'll nominate myself for the position of safety

michaellane

Postby michaellane » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:53 pm

The committee should be allowed nominate a temporary safety officer if the current one steps down less than 2 months before an AGM as long as the AGM remains in the first couple of weeks of second semester. 2/3rd majority of the committee is required. Advanced notice must be given a week before the vote.