<< $$$ SWIMMERS File $$$ >>

careyisastar

Re: << $$$ SWIMMERS File $$$ >>

Postby careyisastar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:59 pm

Name of Swimmer: Carey Georgius
Date: 5/10/18 and 6/10/18
Shitty excuse: Tbh I'm just really good at swimming and you should always stick to what you're good at :-P
Real excuse: There are a lot of swims, so I'm gonna break it down for y'all.
Day 1, Swim 1: An indecisive move on a minor rapid on the upper section of the Coe lead to a failed T-rescue and the first swim of the trip.

Day 1, Swim 2: Somewhere on the Coe?? Think just as we were entering the gorge, I got capsized and ended up pulling my deck instead of attempting a roll. Clearly it wasn't too traumatic though.

Day 1 , Swim 2.5: Got pinned on a rock kind of sideways in the middle of the river. Was chillin, waiting for some one to give me a hand, when Ciara came by and grab onto my boat to try and help. I ended up watched my deck slide off the cockpit rim, as she went by, and knew it was going to be my third time in the water that day, but sure go big or go home.

Day 2, Swim 0.5: Letterbox, Etive. This again is only really half a swim, because no hands touched the deck to come out of the boat. Basically I just didn't have a great boof, got sucked in sideways and my deck slid off. Was pretty funny having Ferg and Con freak out in the eddy for me to swim to them. I was getting there in my own sweet time.

Day 2, Swim 1.5: Right Angle Falls, Etive. Tbh for my first proper waterfall it wasn't bad, but I should have rolled instead of pulling my deck.

Specific Learning Outcomes: Play Boater decks are shit and I need to buy a drysuit.
Emotional Issues arising from the event: No trauma really. They were all pretty chill swims.
Persons requiring rescue pints: Pretty much every leader on the trip got me out of some jam or another, so pints on me next Wednesday!
Carey Georgius
Captain
captain@nuigkc.com
087 224 8424

Henkka32

Postby Henkka32 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Fergal.Staples1 wrote:Name of Swimmer: Fergal Stapleton
Date: 7/10/2018
Shitty Excuse: One of the Stapleton's needed to swim for it to be a real club trip
Real Excuse: Ran the first stopper/hole a little too the left, lost speed, didn't have the line I wanted off the second drop. Landed, got pulled back into the hole, paddles torn out of my hand despite my best efforts to hold onto them. Popped my deck for a chill float.
Emotional issues arising from the event: Nothing really, was a chill swim.
Learning Outcomes: Need to learn that handroll.
Persons requiring rescue pints: Some locals

Decided to walk out of the river at this point, not due to being shook or anything but the river was rising and getting to be past my comfort level. I think I would have been okay but I'm happy with my decision. Sometimes you just gotta walk.

So proud of you to call it man. You styled all the way through the trip!

Brad
G.M.I.T Secretary

Postby Brad » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:56 am

Last edited by Brad on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bradley Skidmore
085 one616two20
Marcin: Back paddling is like leg day, you just don't do it

Brad
G.M.I.T Secretary

Postby Brad » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:56 am

Brad wrote: Name of swimmer: Bradley Skidmore
Date: 3/10/14
Location: Seanafaurrachain - some generic, tight chute after a drop near the top before Disney land

Shitty excuse: came down some right hand type chute, rode up the left wall, capsized onto backdeck. Paddles got lodged across the river quicker than I could even think about rolling. Face down, no paddles, low water on an already rocky run meant I wasn't keen on hanging round. Especially when I didn't know what was 10m further down the river!
Emotional issues: none really, just annoying...should of just held on for a few more seconds as I momentarily saw Barry was already out his boat and could of got to me easily enough. Always seems easier in hindsight I guess
Persons requiring rescue pints: Barry got my boat and I got out beside it. Ran to get my paddles which were handily waiting for collection.. before Higgins ended up taking an unsuspecting paddle to the face :tmi: (perfect example of distancing when there's no line of sight if you want to take a plus out of it)

Well well well, 4 years on and we're back here in the least eventful swim yet again. If you know me at all you'd know I've been asking for something to bite me in the ass in the safest way possible for a few years now.
Name of Swimmer: Bradley
Date:28/10/2018
Shitty excuse: Club wave is lairy on low water
Real excuse: Lets not beat around the bush, the seat position in the Antix is shocking. Dropping into club wave and knew I was going to get blasted towards the bottom at great speed. Rudder in, body position setup for the hit- Instantaneously looped out of the boat and slammed into the trough of the wave whilst the boat continued to surf the wave.
Emotional Issues arising from the event: I was ejected so quick I couldn't do anything to save it, injustice!!! Had to empty the tank to tow all my gear and a full antix into the bank (whilst laughing at how ridiculous the situation was)
Persons requiring rescue pints: No one...self rescued. Would of been goosed without some paddle fitness![/quote]
Bradley Skidmore
085 one616two20
Marcin: Back paddling is like leg day, you just don't do it

Fergal.Staples1

Postby Fergal.Staples1 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:58 pm

Name of Swimmer hey it's ya boy Skinny Penis, (Fergal)
Location chunky Aasleagh
Date 3/10/2018
Shitty Excuse love me a dirty hole
Real Excuse she was chunky enough, boofed the hole, sucked back, window shaded about 5-6 times, carped like fuck when the hole spit me out. Needed oxygen and swam.
Learning Outcomes getting wanked in a hole is actually pretty fun. Need to evolve gills though
Emotional issues arising from event Not much, gave it a real fight but lack of oxygen got to me. Real emotional fallout is Luke just missing recording me rip.
Swim Bootie Evidence Y/N yeet
All in all, little annoyed at a swim so soon after the last one but not ashamed at swimming here.

Ciara.wall

Postby Ciara.wall » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Name of Swimmer: Ciara
Date: 13/11/2018
Shitty excuse: prepping the hole for Carey after Ciana prepped it for me!!!! :laugh:
Real excuse: terrible line but I've learnt from my mistakes and will hopefully choose cleaner lines in the future
Emotional Issues arising from the event: confidence blow
Learning outcomes: pick better lines and paddle harder :D
Persons requiring rescue pints: Laoise you star!
Swim bootie?: Not yet ...

l.whelan11
Treasurer

Postby l.whelan11 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:20 am

Ciara.wall wrote:River Ettive

Damn, that's a long drive for one day's paddling! :laugh:
Luke Whelan

Could've been a little bit higher

Ciara.wall

Postby Ciara.wall » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:38 pm

l.whelan11 wrote:
Ciara.wall wrote:River Ettive

Damn, that's a long drive for one day's paddling! :laugh:

Meant the Erriff :rofl:

Ciara.wall

Postby Ciara.wall » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:36 pm

Name of Swimmer: Ciara
Date: 02/12/2018
Shitty excuse: Too dirty for a squirty
Real Excuse: First time on Topdrop and second time doing the Boluisce from top to bottom. I was also in a Pyranha Prozone so it was quite a sporty lap, maybe not the best boat for doing Topdrop for the first time though... My line was a bit off entering the rapid and I couldn't see where I was going because the water was hitting me in the face because the bow of the boat is so low. Can't remember exactly what capsized me but it happened!!! A few bashes later and BAM I'm swimming. Doesn't make sense but I went with the flow.
Learning Outcomes: I know I can hold out underwater for much longer. I doubt my capabilities sometimes but I'm learning to overcome the doubt and use it to my advantage!
Emotional Issues arising from the event: Been beating myself up about it since but went to the Clare Glens the day after (in the prozone…) and redeemed myself (no swims!).
Persons requiring rescue pints: Staples and Aoife!
Swim Bootie: To be completed